ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

06122010Echo Summary

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

06122010Echo Summary Empty 06122010Echo Summary

Post by DCBurke

ERT Call 06122010Echo
    Hostage Situation at a bank in Trulit

Units or Task Forces on scene:
    Patrol Cars
    ALS-1
    EDRC-1
    BLS-1
    RRT-1

Call arrived at 14:07 of a Standoff in Trulit. Sherrif was on sceneand secured a perimeter. ERT sent all requested Patrols, TAC and EMS. Scene was secured within 6 hours. DC was on scene.

One death(Police Officer), off scene, one major injury, several minor. No major personnel injuries, COPA personnel injury offscene.

Call Length was good, not too long, not to short, however there were many many problems. An injury occured offscene, resulting in a second dispatch, and at many times, even though units were not requested, they kept asking, or attempting to leave scene. Let me make this clear. NO ONE MAY LEAVE SCENE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES UNLESS REQUESTED BY COPA! Thank you. Also, EMS looked totally out of it, and all over the place. Police also really rushed the entry with less than like 6 posts for the full thing. That's waaay too short.

-DCBurke
    District Commissioner Burke, COPA Main.

Cause Notes:
    This incident, the hostage taker blamed the occurance on a group attacking ERT. After a little investiagtion by ERT Officers, this was established as false, since there was 0 garuntee that we would even be on scene. Hostage Taker was just a disgruntled, former employee taking some anger out. However, there was another incident involving ERT personnel. It appears someone was atching us and attakced a COPA representative on a mere fluke of this incident, using a carpe diem style, and improvising an attack method. See 09122010Echo.
    Share this post on: reddit

J.Libor

Post Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:43 pm by J.Libor

I didnt like how negotiations went. You gotta try to reason with them and meet needs, but get something in return for everything you do for them.
    M. Kaizer

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:10 am by M. Kaizer

Could you specify what "totally out of it, and all over the place" means? If there's something you think we did wrong and want changed, you need to be more specific.

If this had been a triage situation, that deputy would have been black tagged and left there. However we had enough medical personnel on scene (in theory at least) to deal with all the injuries.
    J. Bucello

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:20 am by J. Bucello

Sorry if the entry seemed rushed, but isn't that normally how they are in real life? Most of the time is spent waiting, so the proportion of "wait" posts to "raid" posts, if anything, had too many raid posts. Still, I'll try to lengthen my raid posts.
    DCBurke

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:15 pm by DCBurke

J.Libor wrote:I didnt like how negotiations went. You gotta try to reason with them and meet needs, but get something in return for everything you do for them.
    Negotiations were a little shotty, I'm working on that, but I wasn't totally prepared myself for this call. I'm reviewing it myself to point out my own flaws, just as everyone else should be doing for themselves.

M. Kaizer wrote:Could you specify what "totally out of it, and all over the place" means? If there's something you think we did wrong and want changed, you need to be more specific.

If this had been a triage situation, that deputy would have been black tagged and left there. However we had enough medical personnel on scene (in theory at least) to deal with all the injuries.

The medical persons were more than adequate for the amount of injured we had. The first was a lady released I believe, and the second was the deptuy who was shot. The rest should've been treated in a quick over view basis, just to confirm there were no injuries and to give information for going to the hospital. Triage should not have been neccessary, and still, he should've been treated and at least attempted to save.

J. Bucello wrote:Sorry if the entry seemed rushed, but isn't that normally how they are in real life? Most of the time is spent waiting, so the proportion of "wait" posts to "raid" posts, if anything, had too many raid posts. Still, I'll try to lengthen my raid posts.
    I understand that, it just seemed to me as if the raid was quick and uninformed. In four posts I was it was posted that the assault was over, and that includes to go order from TAC. I just would've prefered if it was a little longer post wise. Thing is you can have 500 posts taking place over 6 minutes, or 2 posts that are an hour apart. Just seemed like there wasn't much in the order of interperson communication. Now Mind you, if I see 500 posts for a raid next time, I might hurt you, but you get the point. Try and buff it out, like You enter, and move, then Bridwell goes in and does this action, then sgt xys does this and so on and so forth. It doesn't need to be all one person, nor do we need a hundred raid posts, but maybe 10 beefy postws from teh team would be more than sufficient for me, hell you could even take it down a different road all together. More clear now?
    M. Kaizer

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:44 pm by M. Kaizer

That didn't really answer my question Burke Razz

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:31 pm