ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

Fire Mutual Aid

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Fire Mutual Aid Empty Fire Mutual Aid

Post by DCBurke

ERT Call 04092010
    Large House fire Mutual Aid

Units or Task Forces on scene:
    Lightforce Additional
    TVFD Engine and Tanker
    TSD Two units

Call
    At 6pm a 911 call was placed and handled by the TVFD. They did an initial search after the family reported their child unaccounted for. No child was found. At this time we received the call for Squad one to lead an SAR operation. Within one minute they upgraded the alarm requesting a full Light Force Additional because of an oil leak that lead to a huge engulfment of the structure that they couldn't contain. LFA responded and child was found by unrequested ERT unit. BLS-1 took the child to the hospital for a checkup however only minor injuries reported

Minor injuries to child, rescued to ERT Hospital

Fire handled it mostly well. A little more OOC than I'd like to see, but other than that, fire and EMS were fine. Please note, unless you are requested, DO NOT respond. That goes for you Stabler, you showed up unrequested and found the child roaming, which full out made S-1's job pointless. From now on any unit that responds without requests (Police may respond for traffic control if units not already there, which there were 2 of!) then that unit will be put on a temporary suspension awaiting approval from their superior and COPA.

-DCBurke
    District Commissioner Burke, COPA Main
    Share this post on: reddit

J.Libor

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:58 pm by J.Libor

About the unit response: for police related calls, some times one squad is called. Another pd unit can go en route to back up the pd units. Example is an alarm, 1 pd dispatched, another goes enroute not requested, but just to help secure the scene.
    C. Davis

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:18 pm by C. Davis

Yeah, it sucked cause we just kinda sat there on the Squad.
    J. Hannahan

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:30 pm by J. Hannahan

I was thinking you guys were going in but you stayed out because of the strctural stability of the house. Oh well though. You will have your time to shine. Razz It was a sorta good call though.
    C. Davis

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:31 pm by C. Davis

Yeah, it was a good call. Pretty fast and well done in my opinion. Nothing really we could do.
    DCBurke

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:33 pm by DCBurke

In regards to the police, only fire was called for mutual aid, the sherriff had everything else under control so we didn't need to occupy our units, so I said NO police, however what you said libor is generally correct
    J.Libor

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:41 pm by J.Libor

Right, just wanted to make sure people knew it wasn't for all calls and I did see no police.
    DCBurke

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:06 pm by DCBurke

Perfectly acceptable, I just wanted to make sure our lines didn't corss and cause an explosion
    T. Stabler

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:25 am by T. Stabler

Sorry DC. I just thought you guys would need extra help. It won't happen again Sir.
    M. Galligano

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:11 pm by M. Galligano

Not a bad call, the police should always respond, not just for traffic, but for a report too. I think I have been watching too much EMERGENCY!
    J.Libor

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:23 pm by J.Libor

The sherieff had it covered.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:10 pm