ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

+18
C. Davis
Bruce Beard
C. McEvoy
M. Cressler
C. Hutchison
JessicaForsyth
EwanRaven
J.Morrison
T. Matthews
A. Botfish
J.Floan
C. Jackson
D. Lafferty
J. Bucello
J. Hannahan
J.Libor
J. Riles
DCBurke
22 posters

Quarterly Forum

T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Quarterly Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Quarterly Forum

Post by T. Matthews Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:18 pm

thats not bad chief, i would just like to say, id rather be on the pumper, im not into dealing with SAR and the MVA's im more of a fire guy
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:20 pm

exactally and i'd rather be on Sev-1 or in station 2 cause I like rescue alot more then fire...Believe it or not I think once we get station 2 it will help sort things out if you like fire you go to 1 if you like rescue you go to 2 and we don't have to worry about as much crossing over and confusion station 2 will almost never be at a fire unless it's for RIT or SAR ops
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:23 pm

the only thing i dont like about that is station2 is going to turn into a rescue station which is soooo uneffecient, i mean if the lady's house across from this rescue station is on fire what are you gonna do? ma'am we have to wait for the trucks with water to get here, we can cut your car up though if you'd like?. I mean we could put the squad there along with the new rescue truck and whatever we decide for ems to end up with, that way we atleast have some water in that station.
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:25 pm

we will still have house in the house not a lot but some so we can always just hook up straight to a hydrant....rescue 1 in NYC is in a station by itself isn't it? I could be wrong
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:27 pm

station 2 will have water eventually the rescue is first tho
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 pm

He said there was no suppression unit....Heavy Rescue, Light Rescue, Marine, Rescue Ambo, Station Chief.
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 pm

haha oo i love rescue 1, haha yes it is house by its self, but there are numerous other stations right in the area with pumpers and ladders. But FDNY doesnt put all of their trucks with water on one side of the city and all their hurst tools on the other side of the city
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:30 pm

I stand corrected. I think station 2 is in PFD area anyway. Plus are units wouldn't be that far
    C. Hutchison
    C. Hutchison
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. Hutchison Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:31 pm

The Rescue may be an Engine Rescue. Because I do remember him saying that there will be fire suppression capibillites at Station 2.
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Thats right! the rescue is a heavy rescue engine
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:34 pm

he said if i came down to it we could hook up to a hydrant and yeah other units aren't that far away its not like were in a different city also this is what he said the rescue would be a walk in Combi

http://www.piercemfg.com/en/trucks/rescues/combination.aspx
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:35 pm

the one he showed us was some $400,000,000 ( exagerated) truck that was like a heavy walk in rescue
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:36 pm

T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:38 pm

mann, nice chief, i may have to switch to that thing, lol, not really, id rather stay with the pumper
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:40 pm

M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:40 pm

thats not a combo walk in

go read this topic unless he changed it if he did thats something else I want to bring up I'd disagree and try to push to just towards rescue to try to eliminate as much cross over as possible

https://ertrpg.rpg-board.net/t193-truck-requests
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Well thats what I've seen
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:44 pm

yea, cuz i think then it could handle a call all by its self, having both water and rescue capabilities

( alright well im gonna be off for a while, maybe back on later tonight, c ya guys later)

Last edited by T. Matthews on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:48 pm

it was never really meant for fire calls thought the whole station was meant for rescue water rescue rope rescue MVA's
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Well the station's primary is rescue. I believe the water would only be as needed like if they were far out from other units. just like the squad
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:54 pm

yeah i guess idk I like the other one haha but oh well
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:18 pm

the fact of saying wait we have to wait for the other fire trucks to get here is wrong. in fact we could be inside looking for and isolaiting the fire and plus we carry a water can. i know it doesnt sound like much, but if you dump that can i the room and shut the door the steam will either put the fire out or put it in check. and my out look on the rescue is that personally in my opinion walk ins are a waste of space simpley because that crew area could be used for tools and no it doesnt carry more people because there are units that have 6 to 8 seats in the back plus the chofour and the officer. i also think that the light rescue should be a rescue engine. not a squad but a rescue engine. anyways thats just my two cents

this is what i think the rescue should be like
    http://www.seagrave.com/index.cfm?display=prod_recentDeliveries_detail&id=609&maxShow=15contentid=46&sectionID=3&chassis=
    this is what i think the rescue engine should be like
    http://www.piercemfg.com/en/experience/NewDeliveries/Matteson-Fire-Department-Pumper.aspx
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Yeah and once again it's not like were at 30 minutes drive away if we get there the pumper and ladder won't be far behind.

The seagrave I kinda like the pierce not so much it just looks like a normal engine however I do like the combo walk in that I showed early it has pretty much as much storage space as a non walk in but with some space on the inside to.
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:36 pm

theres no point in a combo walk in i mean if your bent on getting a walk in just get a walk in. and the peirce yeah it looks like a normal engine it just doesnt carry as much hose, but rather rescue stufff
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:39 pm

J. Hannahan wrote:*I walk inside of the room and see Riles sitting down. I then talk up.*
    'DC uhhh, when's Station 2 going to open? I don't know if it can at the same time since we may not have enough people for it but what's a rough estimate of when it would open?'
    Honestly, I dunno, our recruitment rate = our inactivity loss rate
    Is there something we could do about people who aren't active. I remember we had a bunch of people in the fire service then they all disappeared and never came back. I've also noticed that the police division is growing at a pretty quick rate but why is it that the EMS division, like Riles said, and the Fire division isn't getting anyone? Also, Libor, haha, they could learn. It would ake some time but they could learn. I guess people aren't too interested in it sadly. We need more EMS and Fire.
    I'm going to be going through the lists on regular occassion now, but Police isn't any bigger than the others. Current active rosters is 4 in patrol, 4 in traffic and 4 in TAC
    J. Bucello wrote:As far as TAC goes, the person in command is usually inactive, as is our sinper. Only the negotiator and I are on regularly, which can be a pain if TAC is needed for a sequential or time-sensitive emergency, such as a hostage crisis. Often, the people who are doing the planning aren't in charge, and those in charge aren't exercising leadership.
    I'm gonna talk to Bridwell privately to see if he needs to be replaced, or what, and as for command, I know, a lot of people put in command seem to disappear afterwards
    C. Jackson wrote:If needs be, I think we should probably merge Fire and EMS, and have like a rotating system, so sometimes you're on an RA, and other times you're on an Engine or Ladder, that way we can have people working both, so then they'd have more fun, and not be single track, I dunno, just suggesting.
    The divisions will not be merging, and a rotation schedule would be a pain in the ass logistically, since everyone would need new everything once a week.
    J.Floan wrote:I agree With Hannahan that something needs to be done about inactive Members. EMS or Fire or Police, the EMS Divison is all but dead honestly, I and I know this isnt going to be popular among the support people but why not ask a couple Paramedics in Support to transfer to EMS... Fire hmm I run an engine with 2 active people those being Myself and Anders. that sucks but it is what it is I wish we could get more to the Engines, again that could be where Support comes in. Why is it we need 2 support vehicles. Its a bummer but Support and Ladder seem to be the only dedicated Active units, why not take Support and Divide them between EMS and Pumper. Like i said I know its not gonna be popular but its a suggestion.
    I am going to put out a transfer application to the fire department, I may axe a unit or two that is just not getting any use, and either tell the members to go to EMS or fill empty spots in the station
    T. Matthews wrote:* i join the room late and catch the end of floan's discussion*
    ' Hey guys hows it going?'
    Floan: i can see where your coming from, but to be honest, not too many people on the support are medical trained, and it seems to be we have enough people for medical but then all of a sudden they leave or transfer, and the reason i joined the support unit is because im not the most active person on here and the support roles are a little less needy, ' but if the pumper is that short staffed, and I would have to talk with dc and other officers, but i would be willing to take a pumper seat, i transfered from the ladder because im not a big ladder guy, i like dealing with water, so that might be something we look at, maybe temporaily diminish the support's and spread them to where people would want to go and then once we get more people we can let those people return to the support's if they would like
    I think the supports may be reduced to one multi function unit, and then have the other members choose where to go. Also, I will talk to Garcia to see if he wants to remain as an officer or just be a regular firefighter, and if he choses to leave the STO position, he will not be replaced..
    T. Matthews wrote:' dont worry jamie, im sure burke wouldnt put you two together haha'

I also believe we should set up a twitter account, have one for fire/ems and one for police, even though they make their own calls, they still get some. and for ex. burke you could send one out that is simple, doesnt have to have the full details, just like ** P-11, L1, FS2, Automatic alarm at bank** and leave it at that..

* I sit down and wait for others opinions*
    [b]I will be putting a twitter account into service and members can follow. All calls will be posted in there unless someone makes it up in the Patrol or EMS centres
    [quote="EwanRaven"]I sit down and put my feet up.

"Guys, I'd hate to say this but we're getting bogged down with lack of training."

tl;dr ERT is starting to crumble because we're almost handing out certs without training, and there is a lack of people that can think for themselves. [/quote]
    I will be doing a lot of training now, and I will also be running a frequent evaluation of not only members but officers as well.
    JessicaForsyth wrote:*I walk in with Bruce and we sit down to listen to the debates*

I would agree with combining fire and ems but do not agree with rotating. People wan certain jobs I.e. Hoseman on pumper or SAR on ladder.
    Rotation would end badly, plus some people just don't want to be in the firedepartment. RA's will still exist but we will also have a spereate EMS system, since we are also looking to have a hospital staff as well.

C. Hutchison wrote:
    And honestly if you look what DC has as full staffing for each vehicle, I think it is a little over kill, i.e. the Ladder having an eight man crew or the pumper having a 6 man crew. Personally we should have 4 on the pump, 5 on the ladder, and 4 on the Squad, not including OIC/FFIC. The RA and SEV, if they stay should only have a 2 man crew total. SEV1 should be the SAR and HRES, or HRES and HRES, If we need the SEV 2 it should be 2 FF's, and the RA should be 2 FF/PM, or if we move EMS over, FF/EMT and FF/PM, depending on the mixture.
    The ladder has 6, Squad has 5, and Pumper has 5 with a room for a 6th if needed. SEV will be adjusted to something new... We're gonna cut one and replace it. RA is staying, the EMT was offered as a temp position, and because we were asked for it by the RA staff.

D. Lafferty wrote:Here is my opinion why don't we get rid of the RA's and just use regular ambulances like E-350's or F-350's? If an RA carries three crew members and lets say we have two fully staffed. That is six people, we could staff three regular ambulances with that.
    The third person spot is a temporary spot I will stick people if needed
    C. Jackson wrote:I think we do need a Rescue Ambulance, if not for the fact it can carry a helluva lot more stuff, it also carries RIT equipment and all that stuff, but we also need some regular ambulances, for other calls. 3 crew members is better in some cases, especially since you can have two paramedics treating whilst driving that. Just my thoughts.
    The RA is staying, becuase it allows us to not tie up EMS when fire goes out to a working fire, since they will require medical support, and it also allows a RIT team to be on standby without tying up a real fire truck.

T. Matthews wrote:* I pull out a picture from my folder and pass it around for everyone to see*

So guys, with this new discussion of ambulances requring more manpower, and for RIT situatuions, what if we staffed 1 ambulance with this type model, that could double as our RIT truck

Quarterly Forum - Page 2 4655459081_f9c3eacdbe_z

Maybe in the future, but a dedicated RIT truck isn't neccessary imo
    Each station will have one to two RA's

M. Cressler wrote:I think getting rid of Sev-2 woudlnt' be bad because it's just fire support I think Sev-1 should be renamed light rescue and moved to the second station
    I am going to eliminate both SEV's as primary function units, and replace them with a multi function, since when station 2 opens, SEV 1 will be useless.
    C. Hutchison wrote:Personally I think we need atleast 2 RIT trucks that way if we have one tied up, and we get another call we could send the second. Like we have RA1 be a rit rig, and send it out on a fire, then we have a High angle rescue call come in, that according to NFPA requires a trained RIT team so we'd need another RIT rig.

Also that vehicle you posted is designed to be a light resce/transport truck so you could make that an extrication/EMS vehicle, but your RIT vehicle should be 2 HRES and 2 SAR FF/PMs.

It's not that they have to be FF's, but to be on the FD you have to be FF's. It's that the FD is getting large and larger, slowly I'll add, but EMS is rarely getting anyone, but we have, I can't even count the number of FF/PMs and FF/EMTs are on the FD, so we could get more of these guys in to RA's as we're getting more people in the FD, while EMS isn't getting many people. So if you Move EMS over to FD, you get more EMS personell on the road.
    RA-1 is primary RIT, then L-1 is supposed to provide RIT if RA-1 can't, say they leave.

T. Matthews wrote:the only thing i dont like about that is station2 is going to turn into a rescue station which is soooo uneffecient, i mean if the lady's house across from this rescue station is on fire what are you gonna do? ma'am we have to wait for the trucks with water to get here, we can cut your car up though if you'd like?. I mean we could put the squad there along with the new rescue truck and whatever we decide for ems to end up with, that way we atleast have some water in that station.
    M. Cressler wrote:we will still have house in the house not a lot but some so we can always just hook up straight to a hydrant....rescue 1 in NYC is in a station by itself isn't it? I could be wrong
    C. McEvoy wrote:station 2 will have water eventually the rescue is first tho
    M. Cressler wrote: He said there was no suppression unit....Heavy Rescue, Light Rescue, Marine, Rescue Ambo, Station Chief.
    C. McEvoy wrote:I stand corrected. I think station 2 is in PFD area anyway. Plus are units wouldn't be that far
    It is. There may be a suppression unit added though,just incase, though remember we'll be right down the street from PFD, so they have pumpers
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:41 pm

*with a combo walk in you keep your outer storage space but also in a mass cass situation or something inside you can keep alot of extra medical supplies and stuff as well. If you have just a walk in you can do that to but with less storage space...It could also help the RA crew could work out of it to make a larger area for rehab with a tempature control incase it's like the dead of winter we can warm up more people at once in there.

or you could always make in a command center

Quarterly Forum - Page 2 Combo-Int-3

****EDIT****

burke which type of rescue is going to be in station 2 could you clear that up
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:45 pm

true but in all reality when do we use it. i mean at normal incidents we opperate out of the pull out command center at the back of the station chiefs vehicle
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:46 pm

yea, i guess i didnt take into account how close they were, and burke if you ever need to fill that pumper seat Wink
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Read the support team memo in your station Matthews, then PM your intentions. Everywhere has openings, though I won't be letting anyone join PD.

It is a combo walkin non walk in. The Cab is connected to the rear via a window, not a door, it has a small ledge to be used as a table or desk if needed, and bench seating. The crew is 5 and an officer. So four in back, two in front.
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:56 pm

alright sounds good lol there aint no argueing with god. hahahaha
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:57 pm

( yea ik i read it, sent you a PM)
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:27 pm

The real problem here is staffing. I was one of the first firefighters on ERT, and we had 3 people on the ladder with like another 3 on the pumper. That was it. Then we grew to having a squad, RA, cheif, etc. In worst case scenerio, take the squad out of service and put Jansen and I back on the ladder and give Raven a new special Captains car or something like that. Hopefully, this won't happen. If people stay active, than we won't have an issue.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Right now, to within a person or two, we're about at 80% staffing for station one.
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:49 pm

' thank you all for listening to my suggestions and i enjoyed yours'
    * i get up from the table and shake everyone's hand*
    ' thanks for the transfer bruke' i whisper to him
    * i walk out of the room and get in my pov and drive towards the station*
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:49 pm

All officers, if you've got inactive members on the list on our site, or active members not on the list, message me please
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:01 pm

*i look at jess and she nods and we stand up and walk out to my truck and head twords the fire house.*
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:04 pm

Notes of Change:
    Support Team being rearranged, expected by Tuesday final listings.
    More Training will be done, plus regular evals
    Twitter account to be opened. @ERTRPG for regular dispatch updates
    J.Libor
    J.Libor
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Libor Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:06 pm

OUTRAGED!

I DO NOT have a pin. Smile lol
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:15 pm

Adding in pin...

Also, the SEV team has decided upon where they wanna go, this will take effect starting Tuesday, no sooner.
    Matthews will go to Pumper 11
    Cressler to Pumper 11
    Botfish will be HRES on SEV
    McGuire will be starting back on EMS, unit undecided.

All staff changes to take effect Tuesday
    J.Libor
    J.Libor
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Libor Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:21 pm

Danke
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:33 pm

HAHAHAHA WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Moon is coming to me now LOLOL good lord help us.
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:00 pm

So D. McGuire is going back to EMS?
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:02 pm

Hey were good as long as no girls come around if so there mine
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Dude,dude, you;ve had your chance sooo many times! It's my turn but I play tactfully so you won't notice it until BAM, I gots me a girlfriend haha.
    *I look around and as Burke.*
    'So, is SEV-2 gonna get scrapped or just one of the pumper, ladder, or squad guys gonna drive it when we need to?'
    *I sit back in the comfy chair and listen to what Burke or anyone else has to say.*
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:20 pm

ahhhhhhhhh Wook wittwe Hannahan has timsewf a goofwiend LOLOL Congrats, NOW its MY TURN to totally screw it up for u MR.
    C. Hutchison
    C. Hutchison
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. Hutchison Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:39 pm

So who will be my partner on the RA?
    Z. Russo
    Z. Russo
    Posting Specialist
    Posting Specialist

Post by Z. Russo Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:43 pm

*Using my experaince from NYC i make a few suggestions*

'IMHO SEV 2 should go over to EMS to be staffed on an as needed basis and be re-equipped as a Logistics Support Unit and it should carry BLS equipment and respond to MCI's in addtion to the MCI unit.

Or...

Send it over to PD and use it as an Emergency Service Unit truck Staffing it with an Police Office/EMT or Paramedic. and have it function similar to the NYPD Emergency Service Unit'
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:02 pm

I like russo's idea
    M.Daniels
    M.Daniels
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by M.Daniels Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:46 am

I walk in, swipe my ID and enter the room.

Alright guys, how about we totally ditch the SEV's, Have SEV 1 at Station 2 and no more SEV 2. Then SEV 1 is back at a DEDICATED Rescue Station. We could also introduce another RA. Also a possibility at the Rescue station we could have a CAFS unit, just maybe......
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:52 am

the pumper and ladder have foam capabilities don't they?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:14 pm