ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

+12
F.Jansen
A. Botfish
MikeForsyth
JessicaForsyth
Jack Anders
J.Floan
C. McEvoy
Bruce Beard
J. Hannahan
M. Cressler
M.Daniels
DCBurke
16 posters

Midtown Road Consignment Store Automatic Alarm

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Midtown Road Consignment Store Automatic Alarm Empty Midtown Road Consignment Store Automatic Alarm

Post by DCBurke Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:00 pm

19032011Echo
    ADT Automatic Alarm Report
    M.Daniels
    M.Daniels
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Midtown Road Consignment Store Automatic Alarm Empty Re: Midtown Road Consignment Store Automatic Alarm

Post by M.Daniels Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:32 pm

I walk to the SEV since we are on standby and pull up my bunker pants. I position the EAT and sit with the door open as I watch the other respond out the door.

"SEV-1 on standby." I say into the COPA Radio.

Last edited by M.Daniels on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Midtown Road Consignment Store Automatic Alarm Empty Re: Midtown Road Consignment Store Automatic Alarm

Post by M. Cressler Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:33 pm

(read the the dispatch post....your sitting on my lap)
    M.Daniels
    M.Daniels
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by M.Daniels Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:40 pm

((When, I read you first post before it was edited you weren't in the driving seat.))
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:44 pm

'Ok, unless LFO or STO says otherwise here's what gonna happen. We're just gonna check the building and locate where the FA went off. Chris, John, grab a TIC. When we go in, keep your eyes open for anything. Bruce, stay out here and wait next to the truck just in case I want you to grab the tarps. Uhhh Jess, help out Bruce. Make sure you have your SCBA on. Don't go on air unless I confirm there is a fire. If there is, grab tarps and get ready to come in. Our main goal will be to protect whatever crap they got in there K? Alright.'
    *We leave the station as I wait until we get on scene feeling a weird calm since this could be the easiest call I've ever been on.*
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:47 pm

*we pull up on the scence and i see a normal store with nothing showing. i hop out as the Q winds down and i get the tarps ready*
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:52 pm

* I pull up onscene with my siren still blaring. I throw my truck in park and shut off the lights. I get out of my truck and look at the building.*

"S1C to COPA, Single story business store, nothing showing. Ladder 1 and Squad 1 will be checking for what set the alarm off."
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:02 pm

"COPA Copies Command, report updates when neccessary, I'll be watching this one unless it escalates, then Kelly will come on as second"
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:09 pm

"Copy, will do."
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:56 pm

* I Step out of the truck and grab my SCBA, throw it on and open the compartment to get a TIC. *
    ' Ok LT. Got the TIC im ready to go when u are. '
    * I walk back to the truck and grab a Halligan. *
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:36 pm

'COPA SEV-2is on scene' I say as I shut off the siren and pull up behind S1C. I hope out and throw on my SCBA and grab a TIC. I grab an axe too. "Austin grab an ABC extingisher and come in with me, if its a small fire we will try to do this with dry chemicals if we can, 'S1C, SEV-2 is preping entry with TIC and dry extinguishing agents' "Tim help ladder crew with the tarps." I walk over to the Ladder crew gatering by the door to figure out how we are going to sweep the building.
    JessicaForsyth
    JessicaForsyth
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by JessicaForsyth Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:40 pm

'got it Lt.'
    *I hop out and help Bruce get the tarps ready*
    MikeForsyth
    MikeForsyth

Post by MikeForsyth Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:45 pm

'Lieu what do you want me to do?'
    *I hop off the ladder and wait for instructions*
    A. Botfish
    A. Botfish
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by A. Botfish Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:59 am

*I get on my SCBA then grab an extuinguisher and step next to the door with everyone else*
    'I'm ready!'
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:21 am

'C'mon Mike. You're with us.'
    *I jump out and check my SCBA. I take a 4 gas monitor with me just in case and get ready to enter the building.*
    "Ladder 1 to COPA, we're entering the building."
    *I push open the door and hold it open so everyone that needs to go in can go in.*
    A. Botfish
    A. Botfish
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by A. Botfish Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:37 am

*I rush in and see nothing. I sit on the wall waiting fo others*
    'nothing right next to the door'
    F.Jansen
    F.Jansen
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by F.Jansen Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:10 am

I park the squad behind the ladder and shut the Q.
    "Squad 1 on scene"
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:15 am

* I walk into the building and start feeling the walls looking for excessive heat. *
    ' Hey LT. So far i have nothing '
    * I continue to check the doors for heat and open them when nothing is found. *
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:22 am

*I move around the rooms with my eyes peeled then head over to the alarm box. It blinks **Room 21-A**. I then keep looking around for a little map or blueprint of the place but I find nothing.*
    'Ok, lets look for room 21-A. I don't know where that is but that's where the fire alarm is going off.'
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:09 am

' Ok 21-A. Should be downt he hall and to the right, if the map is correct here on the wall. '
    * I point to the Emergency evacuation map on the wall with a dot that says " YOU ARE HERE " It shows we are roughly 10 rooms away. *
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:47 am

* i walk in and turn on my TIC and begin to scan the walls. "Alright Austin lets take this first room down the hall" I say as I walk by. I walk down the hall and scan the door before opening it, theree is a hot spot in the room, I carefully open the door and see its just a radiator. "Okay Austin the room is clear, lets look around"
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:39 am

* i climb out of the truck and throw my coat on and an scba and walk over to bruce at the ladder and put my helmet on*
    ' think we'll have anything bruce?'
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:59 am

"Okay I copy SEV2, I copy Squad 1 onscene also."

I look over my shoulder at the building. Still not seeing any smoke.

"S1C to Matthews, Can you hook up and charge a line from a hydrant to the ladder? Just for stand by."
    A. Botfish
    A. Botfish
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by A. Botfish Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:05 am

*I pull the pin on the fire extuinguisher and follow Jack around checking in rooms*
    'This is kinda eary, not knowing whats coming next.'
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 am

I feel the walls and there is nothing, I look at the room number ty the door and radio to S1C 'Anders to S1C, we are in room 19-A, this room is beside 21-A and is clear of smoke and fire, we are moving on' "Yeah this is kind of erie" I agree with Austin. I walk out into the halway and see Ladder crew getting ready to make intry into 21-A "Hey Hannahan, do you want us to move to 23-A and check that out while you move in here?" I ask as he stands in the hall.
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:34 am

"Copy that Anders."

"IC to COPA, Units are continuing to clear the building. So far all clear."
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:48 am

" ok chief"
    * i see that the hydrant is only a few feet away from the ladder so i just grab a roll of hose from the ladder and attach it to the truck and flake it toward the hydrant. I hook up all of the connections on the hydrant and connect the 4" line to the hydrant on the front and open it up*
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:54 am

"Thanks Matthews."

*I continue to look at the building and here the alarm going off. I then hop in my truck and check my EAT for pending calls and check out what PEMS and PFD are up to.*
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:58 am

* I walk over to the chiefs truck and lean on his door*
    ' so chief have we found who owns this building? we should call them and have them come down so they know whats going on'
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:03 pm

"Yeah I'll find it out."
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:53 pm

*I pick up the mic*
    "Sev-1 to midtown command please advise of status of stand-by"
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:22 pm

"Squad 1, we'll be movin in soon over. Where do you want us chief?"
    *I get out of the squad, put on my SCBA, and grab a halligan. Then I wait for everyone else to get geared up.*
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:34 pm

"Ladder 1 to command, I don't see anything here."
    *I open 21-A and see nothing but hear the thing going off. I go over to it and check my gas monitor. I feel absolutely no heat but I keep checking. I look around opening closet doors and other things but I find nothing.*
    'BS call.'
    "Ladder 1 to Command, the alarm just looks like it went off. Probably malfunctioned."
    *I look around for a way I can get up to the alarm so I could check it.*
    "Jess, bring me an A-ladder from the back compartment."
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:43 pm

I hear Hannahan's transmission and say "Alright Austin, lets get outta here". I walk out to SEV-2 and put away my TIC. 'SEV-2 to S1C, We are out of the building. Do you want the supply line put away?' while I wait for a reply I take off my SCBA
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:47 pm

"Hannahan, do you still want us up there, or should we just pack up?"
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:48 pm

"Squad 1, you could help check the rest of the building."

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:49 pm

P-11 to COPA, were we requested on this call?
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:52 pm

"no your on stand by with us and your signature is broken"

Last edited by M. Cressler on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:54 pm

P-11, recieved.
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:03 pm

( haha saying his sig. is broken over the radio lol)
    * hearing hannahan saying its a bs call*
    ' Alright chief im gonna go shut the line down but ill leave it connected'
    * i stand up off of the chiefs truck and walk over to the hydrant and shut it off but leave the line attached*
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:05 pm

*i hear Hannahan over the radio and put the tarp back and climb in the cab*
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:05 pm

"Sev-1 to on scene confirming it's a false alarm requesting to stand down"
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:15 pm

* I keep looking around and find nothing, the TIC shows no unusual heat in any area and when i feel the walls they are cool to the touch. *
    ' Ladder 1 Floan to Ladder 1 Command I have nothng here, request permission to pull out of building. '
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:30 pm

"While, you're out Flaon, bring me an A-Ladder,"
    C. McEvoy
    C. McEvoy
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. McEvoy Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:33 pm

"Copy that L1. BREAK. SEV 1 you can stand down. Seems to be a false alarm."

I go on the EAT and put myself available onscene.
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:36 pm

"Scene Command SEV-1 copy standing down."
    "SEV-1 to COPA show us available"
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:14 pm

' Ladder 1 Floan Copies. '
    * I walk out of the building and put the TIC back in its compartment, Stowe my SCBA back in its place, Grab an A-Ladder and walk back to Hannahan's position. *
    ' Here u go LT. 1 A-Ladder. '
    A. Botfish
    A. Botfish
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by A. Botfish Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:40 pm

*I put the pin back in the extuinguisher and put it back in the truck then take off my Bunker coat and set it in the passenger seat*
    "Botfish to Ladder 1 command, anything you need me to do? Should we clear?"
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:28 pm

"Ladder 1 to Austin, go ahead and ask S1C. I'm not in command this time."
    *I step up on the A-ladder and check the alarm. I see its blinking LOW BATTERY while its going off.*
    'That's the problem most likely. It was just the low battery on here.'
    *I look around the room to see a new battery pack on the desk.*
    'Probably forgot to put this in.'
    *I take out the old battery, put in the new one and it shuts up.*
    'Finally.'
    "Ladder 1 to S1C, it was a low battery here."
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:31 pm

* I walk back to the truck and take my Turnout coat off and put it next to my seat, grab a quick drink of my AMP and climb aboard. *

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:06 pm