ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

+5
J.Libor
K Jimeny
EwanRaven
D.McGuire
DCBurke
9 posters

Motor vehicle Accident

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Motor vehicle Accident Empty Motor vehicle Accident

Post by DCBurke Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:41 pm

I see the collision after hearing it, and immediately active my lights and radio through COPA. I cancel my meeting with PFD chief, and turn around to the accident scene, parking 500 feet back from the scene in the East bound lane. When I park the car, I grab my headset and put that on. I get out and run to the back, grabbing a pair of turnout pants and my fire helmet.

On my way up to the scene, I activate the highway advisors, and grab a fire extinguisher from the passenger side. I can hear just half a mile up the road the alarm siren ringing from the complex and I can hear the grumble of the fire engines starting. In the distance I see flashing red and blue on it's way down from Trulit, heading in my direction, with the faint wail of the siren blaring.

I see one man on the side of the road with a cell phone and one with his attention no fixated on me.
    "HELP, help us! Well, not us, but them! We're fine, no injuries, help them for god's sake"

"Stay put, I'll have backup here soon."

I head over to the other car and examine for a way in.
    D.McGuire
    D.McGuire
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Motor vehicle Accident Empty Re: Motor vehicle Accident

Post by D.McGuire Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:15 pm

"BLS-1 on scene, units responding to the interstate, be advised traffic is beginning to move into the shoulder and it's starting to back up. Use caution."

I get out and grab the BLS bag from the ambulance. I walk over to the two victims.

"My name is Doug McGuire I'm an EMT with ERT, can you two step into the ambulance so we can get out of traffic and away from the scene"

*They step into the ambulance and I evaluate the two and fill out the incident sheets.*

"First victim, female, had some bruises to the left arm, I gave her a cold-pack and she refused further treatment. Second Victim, Male had some bruising and small cuts to the leg, he was given bandages and refused further treatment, they will be arranging to be picked up by a friend, the vehicle will be a red Ford Explorer."

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:19 pm

McGuire, make sure they stay on scene until I've spoken with them and let them go.
    I reach into my emergency case and throw down two electronic road flares, clearing back traffic a bit to the upcoming danger. I've got the emergency lights on the intersection for the complex until police can handle traffic. I smell smoke, and I can't cool, I can just extinguish, so I wait to see my fire crews arrive.
    D.McGuire
    D.McGuire
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by D.McGuire Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:23 pm

"10-4 Burke, ETA on their ride is 15 minutes, but with traffic it will probably be a little longer. I'l keep them inside the ambulance."
    EwanRaven
    EwanRaven
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by EwanRaven Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:27 pm

The ladder pulls to the shoulder and the driver's door flies open. I jump out and immediatly grab a prybar and rush over to the car.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Copy that McGuire, Standby, fire on scene.

I look over as I hear the Q wind down. The truck is barely stopped and I see Ewan heading my way with extrication tools. While he comes running, I go ahead and grab the extra backboard off of BLS 1 and get my ALS support bag to prepare for any victims. I hope they both make it, but the way it's looking, the driver might just die here on scene. When I get back over to the car, I yell out to the driver

Sir, listen, I'm from the ERT, do not move. Are you okay?

Silence answers me. Up until the passenger replies.

Oh god, I think he's dead, You can't see it, but half of his head is missing.. Help me please!

I give Ewan the motion with my eyes stay on this guy, there's no way we can get her out without him gone first.
    K Jimeny
    K Jimeny

Post by K Jimeny Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:38 pm

"ALS-1 on scene" I jump out of the ambulance and run to the back and grab a trauma bag and another backboard and walk over to where DCBurke is. "How is everything going?" I ask as I bend down to look into the car. As I look into the car I notice that things aren't going good at all.
    EwanRaven
    EwanRaven
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by EwanRaven Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:39 pm

I lay in with my back into the pry bar, I grunt and heave but only manage in bending the bar a little. I'm going to need more power. "Dave I need you to disconnect the battery from the car, I'll put down some water" and grab a 2 1/2 to wet down the area before I use the jaws.
    J.Libor
    J.Libor
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Libor Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Pc-6 blocking traffic, do you want me to interview the other people?
    K Jimeny
    K Jimeny

Post by K Jimeny Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:10 pm

We need to start getting this two patients out of the car the driver is unconscious and maybe DOA from what I can see. The passenger is alert for right now but is probably critical. Whats the estimated time on the extrication? I lean down to talk to the passenger "Help is here and we are going to get you out shortly. My name is Kevin and I am a Paramedic, can you tell me what hurts the most?" The passenger yells in pain "My legs, my legs are killing me." "Alright just hang on and we should have you out very soon."
    EwanRaven
    EwanRaven
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by EwanRaven Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:14 pm

"I can get you into the car but I can't get them out for at least five minutes, there's gas leaking and we need the pumper here and two cars full of rescue workers and vics on fire doesn't do much good." I say and grab the K-12 and set it down next to the car and then grap the jaws, finnaly I grab an axe and bust in the back wind screen. "You can get in that way but no promises about getting out"
    K Jimeny
    K Jimeny

Post by K Jimeny Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:17 pm

"Well if gas is leaking we need to try to get them out as soon as possible, if you think we should wait for the pumper that is fine." In the distance you can hear the siren coming towards us getting louder and louder.
    EwanRaven
    EwanRaven
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by EwanRaven Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:20 pm

((We need their foam capabilities, we need one more person here.))
    I run and grab two fire blankets from the rig. "Here keep these handy when we do a cut"
    K Jimeny
    K Jimeny

Post by K Jimeny Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Alright thanks.
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:54 pm

"10-4 Ladder 1"
    "Pumper 11 Responding"
    *I switch on the lights and sirens*
    *I stay on the shoulder of the road passing traffic and get to the scene.*
    "Pumper 11 on scene."
    *I get out of the truck, turn on the pump and get the crosslay off the bed. After charging the hoseline, I start to spray at mid-pressure(to conserve foam)at the bottom and top of both cars. I finish then lay the hose down.*
    "Raven I'll help with the pry bar."

K Jimeny
    K Jimeny

Post by K Jimeny Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:58 pm

Leans over to the passenger, " Alright buddy were about to get you out of here, just hang on." I look over to Ewan and give him a nod.
    EwanRaven
    EwanRaven
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by EwanRaven Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:02 pm

"Nah it won't budge, just keep the foam comming I say.I take the spreaders and jam them into the car door and the pressure opens the door right up, I do it once more at the bottom and and then take the pry bar and pull the door off. I take the K-12 and take off each of the supporting pylons and the car's roof is loose. I peel it back and cut it off.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:09 pm

**I jump out and size up the scene.**

**I walk over to Ewan**
    "Check the victim, I'm going to grab some equipment."

**I go to the medical compartment on the engine, grab a spinal bag, ked sled and trauma bag.**

"Mitch, grab me the monitor, drug box and suction."
    K Jimeny
    K Jimeny

Post by K Jimeny Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:12 pm

I walk over and get a better view of whats going on, the driver is DOA. I am going to need extra hands getting the passenger out guys. I am going to need some one to hold C spine as we try to get him out of his seat. I grab a C-Collar and apply it around his neck. Alright he is stable to move if we could get more hands that sure would be nice. Garcia I already have a backboard and trauma bag.

Last edited by K Jimeny on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:15 pm

*i pick up the hose line and do a once over on the hood and bottom of each car*
    "The cars are good now.I'll hold with C spine."
    *I walk to the car and hold C spine*
    "When you're ready."
    EwanRaven
    EwanRaven
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by EwanRaven Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 pm

"Right" I say and take out a knife and slash the passanger's seat belt off carefully. then I get the jaws again and open up the other door.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:18 pm

(We don't normally let people die in this. I always bring extra equipment. I'm a paramedic in rl. I know what to do.)

**Mitch and I walk over with the equipment, set a c-collar, get them on a ked sled, pull them out and begin resuscitation**

"Okay, starting a 1000cc I.V wide open, injecting epi 1:1000."

((You know i'm going to resuscitate him, even if it's just to the hospital >.>))

((I really don't like having to do this online. Sorry for god modding, but I want to get this out of the way.))
    K Jimeny
    K Jimeny

Post by K Jimeny Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:20 pm

(I am a paramedic in real life to, so thats why I was adding some realness to the event. When half his head is gone and no pulse thats obviously a sign he is a DOA)Anyway
    I finish strapping the KED up on the passenger and get him ready to be moved to the backboard. While Garcia is working on the driver I begin working on the passenger. I strap him down on the backboard and put head blocks on and secure his head. "Hannahan you can let go of C Spine now, I appreciate your help." I begin my assessment on the passenger and find out that he might have a couple broken ribs and a obvious fracture to his left leg. We take him over to the back of the ambulance and I start hooking him up to oxygen with a non re-breather at 15L. He is obviously having a hard time breathing and is in a lot of pain.

Last edited by K Jimeny on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EwanRaven
    EwanRaven
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by EwanRaven Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:25 pm

((Time to T.K.O. and push lidocane for the non dead person =-P. Also, nothing hitting a person in the chest won't fix. Garcia wears no bunker pants to the fire Very Happy one day that'll... BURN ya!))

"Jimeny, do you need anything else?"
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:30 pm

"Patient in asystole. Gray matter in their hair. Calling to base to declare them dead."

((And I wear full bunker for t.c's and fires, lol. Medicals, no need for full bunkers. no need to get BURNED xD. Naa, we'll just call it, no lidocane, no t.k.o, i'll let the probie deal with the body. lol))

Last edited by F. Garcia on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    K Jimeny
    K Jimeny

Post by K Jimeny Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:34 pm

I start an 18 gauge IV in his right arm and give him 2mg of Morphine to help with the pain. Alright I am ready to head to the hospital, patient is stable so were ready for transport. Before we leave I double check his loungs and they are all clear so thankfully the broken ribs didn't puncture his lungs.
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:36 pm

"What am I supposed to do with him?"
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:37 pm

K Jimeny wrote:I start an 18 gauge IV in his right arm and give him 2mg of Morphine to help with the pain. Alright I am ready to head to the hospital, patient is stable so were ready for transport. Before we leave I double check his loungs and they are all clear so thankfully the broken ribs didn't puncture his lungs.

"Which patient is that? Did a medic get the chance to check them out? We still have 1 body here, lol."

((lol, living patient unchecked by medic?))

"Your not dealing with the body, haha. Go to the ambulance and grab a white sheet from them if you could though Smile thanks"

((I woulda resuscitated the 1/2 head man if Jimeny didn't add he had 1/2 a head... Maybe I could do do with some people and create an artificial bp and revive for a short period of time?

Last edited by F. Garcia on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:42 pm

"Alright."
    *I grabbed a white sheet from the rig really quick then ran back to cover the body*
    "The body is covered Garcia."
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:43 pm

"Thanks a lot Hannahan Smile Okay, Jimeny, before you leave, let me do a quick assessment of the patient you have please. Very Happy"

((You can never be too careful xD))
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:45 pm

((I dun goofed. I messed up. I read the call but didn't see the 1/2 head missing? WTF. Good call, sorry.))

"This is a status report. We have 1 DOA, 3 minor to moderate injuries so far. Any more injuries guys?"
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:48 pm

"Not that I know of."
    D.McGuire
    D.McGuire
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by D.McGuire Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:53 pm

McGuire to Garcia, just to confirm, I have two in the BLS waiting for their ride, they refused further treatment and signed off. Negative on transport for these two.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:56 pm

((Blah. Now I feel retarded. Need something to fix that. how could i miss 1/2 a head missing?!?!?!! D: >.> i'm a son of a beach now xD oh well, keeping my temporary captain cool head still. Minor mistake, but seriously we have gotten a bp and sinus rhythm on a person literally missing 1/2 their head.))

"Okay, engine crew, look over the vehicles for anyone else injured, we'll start cleanup as soon as we get this body out of here."

"Okay."

**I grab my clip board for the incident report**

"This is what I'm putting down. COPA, Engine, Truck, BLS transport on scene. 1 DOA, 3 injuries, 2 signed AMA forms for no transport. 1 transport. Over. Copy this if it's correct."
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:59 pm

"I got nothin'"
    D.McGuire
    D.McGuire
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by D.McGuire Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:00 am

I believe Jimeny brought ALS-1 here as well. Other than that, sounds correct.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:12 am

**Pumper 11 Truck Officer's Incident Report**

Units arrived: C.O.P.A, Pumper, Ladder, BLS-1, ALS-1
    Victims: 1 Deceased, 0 Critical, 1 Moderate, 2 Minor
    Transported: 1 Moderate
    Fire type: Vehicle
    HAZMAT: Gasoline
    Other:
    2 Minor signed AMA sheet.
    Foam used on vehicle fire.

Side notes: Units acted quickly on attack and extrication.

**This will get passed on to COPA. This is an unofficial T.O report.**
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:14 am

"Soo..what now?
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:17 am

"Start sweeping up broken glass, lets get an absorbent on that gas too."

**I grab some brooms and shovels off the engine and hand them out so the scene can be cleaned up.**
    M.Daniels
    M.Daniels
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by M.Daniels Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:17 am

"Good work Hannahan, What did you think of your first call?"

**Pats Hannahan on the back & helps to pack up**
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:19 am

"That was great. Kinda easy. What about you?"
    *I sweep the remainder of glass onto the side of the road*
    M.Daniels
    M.Daniels
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by M.Daniels Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:22 am

**I go & grab another broom from the pumper & help Garcia sweeping up**
    M.Daniels
    M.Daniels
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by M.Daniels Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:23 am

"Yea I know, but its a good start! Very Happy Well I was away at school for most of the call so.... afro I live in Australia just to let you know!"
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:23 am

"haha, come on guys, keep sweeping xD. Very Happy good job on your first call Hannahan by the way."

**I continue sweeping the glass into a pile.**
    M.Daniels
    M.Daniels
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by M.Daniels Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:26 am

"Ok Garcia"

**I keep sweeping the debris**
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:29 am

"Thanks guys"
    *Almost done sweeping my section but still sweeping Sad lol*
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:31 am

"haha, we'll just clean up until we get further orders."

**I walk over to the engine, grab a large black trash bag, and sweep the glass and debris from my pile into it.**

"I have a bag guys whenever your ready."
    M.Daniels
    M.Daniels
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by M.Daniels Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:33 am

"Chuck it over here Garcia, got a pile over here"
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:39 am

"Alright, Done with my side."
    *I walk over to Daniels side to help out Garcia*
    "I'll help you with that man. Hey,who's the engineer?"
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:41 am

"Alright, haha."
    **I walk the bag over to Mitch, so he can sweep his pile into it.**

"So, do you guys prefer McDonalds or Burger King?" xD

((we don't have a set engineer, we leave it between the firefighters. Usually I'll drive if I'm on, but it's whoever's first on. Make sure your arrival's set out in detail so we can visualize it Very Happy))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:53 pm