ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

+3
J. Hannahan
D.McGuire
DCBurke
7 posters

Trulit Fire

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Trulit Fire Empty Trulit Fire

Post by DCBurke Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:26 pm

First Bank of trulit
    18122010Echo

LF-1
    BLS-1

Note Staff change - Hannahan as temp Truck Officer, Ladder 1. Field Testing.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Trulit Fire Empty Re: Trulit Fire

Post by DCBurke Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:27 pm

I open my feeds program in an attempt to look at the building. Right now, all security cameras I can look through show the building as normal, so there isn't a progression yet... I won't be able to see heat though until we get a unit on scene.
    D.McGuire
    D.McGuire
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by D.McGuire Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:55 pm

"BLS-1's out."

*I park the ambulance to the side of the road at the end of the block, put the ambulance in high idle and take the keys out. I step outside for a moment.

"EMS-1 to Central, nothing visible from the exterior, there is an odor of something burning, building is being evacuated, audible alarm is sounding."
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:52 pm

(Remember, no one is there since its Saturday)
    *I jump out of the Ladder and close the door behind me.*
    'Bruce, get the TIC and some irons just in case....uhhhh, Tim, Imma need you to get ready to take things out in case there is a fire. Everyone else, help Tim.'
    "COPA, do you have any blueprints or anything for the Bank? I need to find a way to shut off the boiler."
    *I put on my SCBA and activate my mask. I see no smoke but I open the door since the fire alarm opens emergency doors. I walk in but still see no smoke. I turn on my flashlight on my jacket since I have no idea where the light switches are. I go into the back room which was inadvertently left unlocked. I see another door which probably leads into the basement. I then take off my glove and feel the door with the back of my hand to see if its hot but its not. I sigh with relief and open it with smoke pouring out.*
    'Crap. Here we go.'
    "COPA, we have a mass amount of smoke coming from the basement. Do you have any way to shut off the basement utilties?"
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:32 pm

"The building was recently renovated and noblueprints were submitted, can you run blind until I can get some... As for utilities, the furnace is fed locally by oil, and everything else is power activated. Fusebox downstairs
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:06 pm

"10-4, can we cut off oil supply to the furnace?"
    *I look behind me and motion to Bruce to turn on his flashlight to see me. I also tell him to stay close and get his TIC ready. I slowly creep down the stairs with both my hands on the wall feeling kinda nervous but brave. I find a light switch and turn it on. The lights don't work and I see some flames on the ground near me before even walking four steps in the basement.*
    "COPA, we have the burning furnace and uhh flames are visible now at about three to four feet away. What's the ETA on the Pumper?"
    'Tim, Imma need you to open some windows and doors and start taking property out. Bruce, lets head back upstairs.'
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:20 pm

*I start to grab crosslays to connect to the two connectors on the ladder just in case. I lay the lines uncharged infront of the Ladder so the can be grabed quick when needed. I grab the supply line and make for the neares hydrent 50ft away. I use the hydrent wrench to open the hydrent, flush it then close to attach the line. I screw the end on and yell" Charging" and open the hydrent to fill the ladder. I take out cones and begin to look down the scene 'Hannahan how is it looking in there?' i ask into the radio as I get my SCBA readyfor entry.
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:41 pm

*i crawl up the steps behind hannahan keeping in close contact.*
    'Hannahan lets search this room'
    *as we reach the 1st landing i breach the door.'
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:52 pm

'Jack we have, as far as I can see, about five more feet behind the fire to get to the furnace. I need you to get some water on that and keep it back. As soon as the Pumper or Squad shows up, I want you to make sure they get some water down there with you then head back up here and help Tim with the property.'
    *I help Bruce breach one of the doors that lead to what looks like a conference room.*
    'Alright, clear. Keep checking rooms for fire or smoke and if you see any windows open them. Let me know if you need help with breaching. I'm going to help Jack with his line downstairs. When you're done, I need you to help with removal.'
    *I help Jack bring in the crosslays and hear one of the apparatus drawing near.*
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:59 pm

*i move down the hall breaching as i check each room with the TIC. i come to the last room and see smoke rolling out from under the door. feel the door. its hot.*
    'Hannahan i need a line up here!!'
    *i run over and grab the extingisure off the wall. and kick the door down to find that the room is off and the extinguisre will be no good*
    "ladder 1 FF Beard To FF Hannahan i have one sectional room fully involved can i get a line up here please."
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:04 pm

*I take my line to the door where I see john to help. we manover to the stairs where i open the nozzel on a shield spray and concentrate it to more of a fog to drown any fire on the stairs. this way we can still use them to enter. I move down the stairs a little more before calling up to hannahan "grab a ksaw and the other line, cut a hole above the boiler room and fog down the hole, also have some one go trip the breaker for the oil pump to cut the supply to the boiler"
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:23 pm

I checked the other rooms and the only thing above the boiler room is some concrete that can't be accessed. Jack I got the basement, help out Bruce in the room now. Bruce back out until Jack comes.'
    *I run to the Ladder and drag out a crosslay and then run downstairs and start spraying the fire which has grown a bit.*
    "COPA, do we have any other resources at the moment?"
    * I sweep from side to side and move in closer to the boiler. I feel my ears getting hotter and finally get near to the boiler. I turn on the fog nozzle and spray down the boiler to cool it. I quickly grab my radio then speak into it.*
    'Bruce, how ya doing up there?'
    *The boiler gets cool enough so I could see the oil supply knob and turn it to shut it off.*
    "Boilers oil supply has been shut off. Smoke is now receding to the top floor."
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:37 pm

I take my line and find where bruce is at, I sheild the door and crutch and turn the nozzel to almost full stream to cover more are with large amounts of water.
    ((DC can we god mod pumper arriving and setting up?))
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:07 am

*I hear that Pumper 11 is on scene. I next see Galligano coming down the steps and help me fight the fire. I look around as the black smoke starts to clear to white smoke. I breathe a sigh of relief and periodically check my SCBA tank amount. Since it's fine, I go upstairs with my line as Pumper 11 crew take care of the basement.*
    "COPA, fire is almost out in the Boiler room in the basement."
    *As I go up the stairs, I see black smoke. I go outside and get a pike pole and while Jack wets down the fire, I break the windows near them in the other room. The smoke escapes from that and I keep breaking windows.*
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:11 am

* I throw my scba on and start setting up ventilation fans and stretching cords off of the ladder*
    " Hannahan, I have set up ventialtion in the lobby and propped up some windows to get this smoke out of here"
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:03 am

'Alright Tim thanks. Start taking out property to prevent fire damage in case this spreads.'
    *I put down my pike pole next to the Ladder and then I grab a ventilation fan and bring it to the basement where the fire is out and turn it on.*
    "Fire is out in the basement. Ventilation is in progress."
    'Bruce, hows it looking up there?'
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:43 am

*I kill the water flow as the remaning flmes disapear, 'I need a TIC in here along with an axe!' I open the remaining windows after putting the line down. I feel the walls with the back of my hand, they dont feel hot but we will see what the TIC says.
    ((my FD just got a new TIC, it three modes one being an overhaul mod that is green and has red blobs where there is heat. its pretty cool imo, our other one is 12 years old))
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:03 am

" I got it jack" * I go to the ladder and take an axe out of the door and grab the tic from the officers seat and run it down to jack*
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:59 pm

*As the fan starts to push back the smoke, I go upstairs and grab a pike pole and another TIC and walk in with Jack.*
    'I'll get the ceiling. Is this the only room that was on fire?'
    *I start checking the ceilings of the building with my TIC starting near the front doors.*
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:30 pm

((does anyone read back in posts? ive had a TIC up stairs since the begining. and for future refference do not ever start ventaltaion with fans untill fire is out.))
    *i walk in the room kicking furniture over as i check it with the TIC. i find nothing.*
    'alright next floor'
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:58 pm

( hannahan said to start opening windows)
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:21 pm

(Venting started in the basement. Dont worry, I remembered about the TIC's but we have some to spare so just use them. Also, Ive talked to a firefighter in the FDNY (maybe he's wrong lol) and he told me it was ok to use it to push the fire and smoke back. The fan was started in the lobby though probably (hopefully) facing toward the doors so too much oxygen shouldn't rush to the fire. I'll keep what you said in the front of my mind though Smile.)
    *The fans keep pushing the smoke out of the building and up into the air soon disappearing again. I start looking for hotspots in the ceiling but find none in the lobby or basement.*
    'Ok, first time I've seen this haha.'
    *I walk upstairs again and check in the room that was not on fire behind the tellers section and nothing.*
    'Alright, we're clear on the right side of the building. How we doin' on the left? Hey Tim, where did you put the furniture?'
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:50 pm

( the eat said tsd was on scene)

" Hannahan, I moved everything outside around the corner of the building and threw a few tarps over it to prevent any water damage and have a few tsd deputies watching over it"
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:03 pm

'Ok good, just making sure. How you doing in the room guys?'
    *I walk outside to see all of the furniture on the corner with tarp over them and smile. I see the deputies and wave then I walk back inside. I walk around to the vault which is closed and start walking toward the basement to see how its doing. Most of the smoke is gone with a little bit of smoke still here and there. I walk to the boiler that was malfunctioning and start checking over it.*
    "Property is secure."
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:48 pm

*The room checks out for hot spots and I begin to drag the line back to the loby incase of a missed hot spot. I then check the alarm panel for any more info on location of other possible fires.
    ((Who disengages the fire alarm? can it be anyone or does it have to be a special?))
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:07 pm

((anyone))
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:53 pm

'Disengage it for me please Jack. I hate those blinking lights.'
    *I go through the rest of the rooms and they're clear too. The smoke soon goes away and the bank clears up. I look around to make sure and I go downstairs again and it looks the same downstairs. I pull a line back as Pumper 11 crew helps me and I close the door behind me.*
    'Lets get some tape near the basement and the rooms that burnt up. The owner or manager can remove it when they deem it necessary.'
    *I bring the line outside and start packing hose back onto the Ladder.*
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:19 pm

*I pick up my hand tools and walk down the steps and grab the second hand line and drag it out side.*
    'Hey Hannahan is there any thing else we need from inside?'
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:14 pm

* I help hannahan with the line and start walking out the lines to drain the water*
    " Bruce make sure you have the all of the tics"
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:23 pm

'ive got mine who ever has the other is responsible for theres'
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:58 pm

*I take my TIC out of my pocket and put it inside of the compartment. I start going back into the bank and look around to make sure everythings clear. I go over to Bruce.*
    'Thanks man. To tell you the truth, I didn't really think your jobs were all that hard until now.* I laugh a little.*
    'I really appreciate what you've been doing. You and everyone else on this truck. So um..thanks again. Alright, lets finish up. Get that fan in the lobby and I'll take the one downstairs.'
    *I go downstairs and grab the fan and lug it back up the stairs. I see sweat going down my mask and realize that there is no more smoke so I put down the fan when I get to the lobby and take off my mask and turn off my SCBA. I breath in outside air and pick up the fan and go outside. I get to the compartment door, put the fan down, and open the door. I put the fan in the compartment and shut it.*
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:00 pm

*i walk into the lobby and grab the fan and lug it out to the truck*
    'Man this snow makes every thing so much harder'
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:31 pm

'I know! Alright, lets see if I do this right here.'
    *I nervously enter the report into the EAT.*

Units on scene: Fire : 2 P.D : 1 (TSD) EMS : 1

Fire type : Commercial

Casualties : 0

Additional Support : No

Fire Units :Pumper 11, Ladder 1

EMS Units : BLS-1

P.D Units : Trulit Sheriffs Department

Negative: Had problems with the arrival of another unit. Just god mod their arrival.

Summary: Fire arrived on scene with no smoke showing. Made entry into the building seeing no smoke but once basement door was opened, smoke became visible. Fire was quickly knocked down and oil supply was shut off. Overhaul took place and no fire was found.

Comments: Overall, very good. Fire was knocked down quickly and everything was smooth.

Signed; John Hannahan
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:34 pm

*i climb in the drivers seat of the ladder and wait for Hannahan and the others*
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:56 pm

* I put my SCBA in the SCBA compartment. I then get in the officers seat next to Bruce and close the door behind me. I reach over and pick up the radio.*
    "Ladder one to COPA, can we be cleared?"
    *I put the radio back and check the EAT for things I've might have missed in the report.*
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:03 pm

((if by compartment do you meant the back of your seat?))
    *i reach up and put my head set and put it on*
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:40 pm

(Oh yeah lol)
    *I put my headset on and wait for COPA to clear us.*
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Units cleared once overhaul complete. Once ladder leaves scene, a full officer review for Ladder 1 will be submitted to public viewing.
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:48 pm

((lol jw))
    *reach over and turn the heat up. then turn the defroster and the window wipers on, put the ladder in drive and release the parking brake and head back to the station*
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:53 pm

"10-4. All overhaul is complete. Ladder one en route to station ready for callout."
    *I put on my seatbelt and we cruise back to the station smoothly.I tap on the dash while I wait to arrive at the station.*
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:15 pm

Review
    After collaboration with Light Force Officer Lt. Raven,

This call turned out well, two things I want to point out, the first being, if I send a unit to the scene, it's because he should be there... BLS support was not used for fire fighter rehab at all, by anyone, and I want to point out, people should've checked themselves there after being in the smoke filled structure before leaving the scene at the very least. Secondly, property was being remoed that shouldn't have been removed, since the fire was still going. There are three exceptions for this rule, one being the property has tremendous value, the property belongs to a foreign diplomat and is treated as with very tremendous value, and if this property was requested byt COPA to be rescued.

Communication with COPA: 8/10
    Communication with units: 9/10
    Handling of the scene: 9/10
    Call Time: 7.5/10
    Use of units on scene: 5/10
    Knowledge: 8/10
    Leadership: 8/10
    Overall experience mark: 8/10
    EwanRaven
    EwanRaven
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by EwanRaven Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:19 pm

My take on this:

The call went rather well and all posts were very informative and descriptive, and I have no doubt that you will in time make a good TO. This preformance was pretty good, but as I pointed out to David, you don't take out property unless it is very important, even then you would put a salvage cover over it to protect it. Keep up the good work.
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:22 pm

(Sorry about that one. I kinda forgot he was there. I usually remember when they post. Also, thank you Raven. I wanted to be sure the furniture or anything wouldn't be burnt.)
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:02 pm

I put a salvage cover over it and had tsd deputies watching it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:24 pm