ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

5 posters

Craziest calls you were called to or heard about

sbooth
    sbooth
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Craziest calls you were called to or heard about Empty Craziest calls you were called to or heard about

Post by sbooth Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:52 pm

Use this topic to discuss the most bizarre calls you've been to or heard about from one of your friends that were there. We already heard one from Burke and one from me, Do you have any?
    M. Galligano
    M. Galligano
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Craziest calls you were called to or heard about Empty Re: Craziest calls you were called to or heard about

Post by M. Galligano Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Yes, I'm only thirteen. But when I was younger, I responded to a report of a small fire with my dad. This man carried a burning heater out of his mobile home and set it in the dirt outside. My dad's best friend put it out with some baking soda, no big deal. The man never got burned or anything, I don't think. The funniest part of it was seeing all of the firefighters sitting around it like a little camp fire.
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Craziest calls you were called to or heard about Empty Re: Craziest calls you were called to or heard about

Post by M. Cressler Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:57 pm

So i was young when this happened 4th or 5th grade and I wasn't in emergency services yet however I worked with a S&R team team and on 9/11 we got called to shanksville PA for cadaver searches.
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:03 pm

How was that possible. In a way, that's good experience.
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:05 pm

how was what possible us getting called? 9/11? me going? lol there was alot in there

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:06 pm

ummm...when I rode with a vollie engine, I got called to the workplaces of both my mom and my dad. My mom works at a school and the popcorn machine burnt up, and my dad works in a lumber mill, and their wood chip pile caught fire. Both times we got canceled before even getting there, but both times I got scared so shitless, I was the first guy in the truck, with all my stuff on and strapped into my BA before anyone else was even moving toward the truck.
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:18 pm

my very first fire call I almost totaled my car getting to it coming over the hill down into my town you could see the fire it looked like the entire block was on fire it was 2 and a half houses the adrenalin rush was nuts i came down the hill doing about 110mph and it was icy and a sharp turn I barely slowed down enough to make the turn and when I got to the station I forgot to shut my lights off and threw my keys as I was getting to my gear i spent an hr finding them later only to find out I needed to jump my car haha
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Hahahaha, fail. Moon I meant being in the SAR team at the 4th and 5th grade. That's awesome!
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:10 am

we had a blood hound and they like younger kid because were stupid and enjoy running into the woods and hiding for training haha
    A. Botfish
    A. Botfish
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by A. Botfish Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:09 am

Theres this one lady down the road from us that calls 911 all the time becuase she thinks she keeps having heart attacks and strokes. So, the fire department is going there all the time and just sitting wondering what to do. Because, shes perfectly fine!
    M. Galligano
    M. Galligano
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by M. Galligano Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:57 am

We had one old lady, called every other day for stupid shit, then she passed away. I was at the firehouse once, some how the front door was open! My dad was in the office and these two people came in, they said there was a lady in her car in the front in need of assistance, I got my dad and we rushed out, it was her, couldn't breath and her Oxygen needed to be re-filled. I helped and we went back inside...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:51 pm